Sunday 10 November 2013

Quick Baked Potatoes

I don't often have time to bake potatoes from scratch in the oven (yes, I know I could set the oven to timed, but it would mean just one more thing to do in the morning, and doesn't work for gas ovens either), but I do like the crisp jacket of a proper oven baked potato that a microwave just can't achieve

Apologies for a fairly simple post, but when I mention combining the methods, people do often say they have never thought of this.

Prog your potatoes and put them in the microwave on high for five minutes. Switch the oven on to about 200c/GM6 and start preparing the filling.

After five minutes, stab the potatoes to see how they are getting on. You'll probably need to turn them over and pop back in for another couple of minutes. Keep checking, and when soft through, put them into the oven to crisp while you finish off the filling.

Even just five minutes to dry out and crisp off really makes a difference, ten to fifteen is ideal.


Things to have with baked potatoes:

Chicken and Bacon Casserole

Smoked fish and prawns

Chilli Beef Stew



For more ideas, follow me on twitter @Tyne_Teas




Please visit my Intro post for more about my blog and me - I hope you enjoy my recipes : )

No comments:

Post a Comment