Thursday 20 February 2014

Sticky onions

A quick cheat alternative to caramelised onions that livens up an everyday dish


Sticky Onions

This is nice with steak, lamb chops or even sausages

Thinly slice a couple of onions and gently soften them in a frying pan in a little bit of butter/spread for four or five minutes (so they are no longer crisp, but not to the point they are mushy).

Add in four or five teaspoons of honey, a pinch of thyme and some black pepper and heat gently stirring occasionally for about five minutes. At first the honey will go really runny, and then it will thicken up. When it is really sticky, add a two or three teaspoons of vinegar and gently heat for a couple of minutes stirring until it is sticky again.

(also nice with a few chilli flakes in)


For more ideas, follow me on twitter @Tyne_Teas



You might also like:

Burgers

Barbecue Marinade

Please visit my Intro post for more about my blog and me - I hope you enjoy my recipes : )

No comments:

Post a Comment