Wednesday 24 June 2015

Bacon and Tomato Pasta

Serves 3-4 and ready in about twenty minutes

Chop one or two slices of bacon per person (I like smoked) into bite size pieces and put in pan. Start off on a gentle heat to release some of the fat so no oil is needed. Cook for a couple of minutes stirring occasionally.

Finely chop one or two onions and add to the pan with some crushed garlic (I use about half a bulb) and soften for a few minutes, stirring.

Boil the kettle and (assuming using 10 minute dried stuff) start cooking 2-3oz/50-75g pasta per person (I usually use shells).

You don't have to make it spicy - it is nice just garlicky, but I usually add a tsp of paprika and a half a teaspoon of cayenne pepper (quite spicy - use half amounts or just paprika if you want just a little warmth)

Add a tin of tomatoes (if they are whole not chopped, bash them up small with the spoon), a good pinch of dried oregano, and some black pepper. Bring to the boil and leave to simmer, adding a big squirt of tomato puree (about 1-2 tbsps) while the pasta is cooking.

Drain pasta and stir into sauce..


It is tasty without, but really nice with some Parmesan on top when served

It is also nice with some chopped peppers added at the same time as the onions.

Also good with chicken instead of bacon


You might also like:


Loaded Skins


Spaghetti and Meatballs


Stuffed Peppers

Potato and Bacon Soup

Rib Marinade

Barbecue Sauce


Devilled Sauce


For more ideas, follow me on twitter @Tyne_Teas






Please visit my Intro post for more about my blog and me - I hope you enjoy my recipes : )

No comments:

Post a Comment